Iconix Brand Group, Inc. Finds New Home for Fashion Brands and Further Cultivates Home Portfolio
New York, New York – October 15, 2020– Iconix Brand Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ICON) is growing its home business by extending some of its iconic fashion brands into the home category for the first time and brokering a variety of new licensing deals across its home portfolio. Iconix owns a robust portfolio of almost 30 consumer brands, including five home brands: Waverly, Cannon, Charisma, Fieldcrest and Royal Velvet.
“We see the home industry as a key growth driver for many of our brands,” said Bob Galvin, chief executive officer and president at Iconix Brand Group, Inc. “As the retail industry continues to shift and develop, we are seeking to adapt by expanding our partnerships with a group of leading home licensees and tapping into the potential of our fashion brands. In addition to the success we’re seeing for our home brands in North America, our home brands are also thriving internationally.”
Recent deals for Iconix’s home brands include:
- In a three-year licensing agreement, heritage home brand Fieldcrest will partner with Keeco as its new North American licensee across the bedding, bath and window categories. Keeco will design, manufacture and distribute products under the Fieldcrest name and expand Fieldcrest’s retail distribution to include specialty retailers and department stores.
- Iconix is growing Waverly, a leader in prints and patterns, and has appointed Himatsingka America, as its North American licensee for bath rugs, towels and beach towels.
- Reverie the premiere mattress manufacturer has signed a multi-year licensee deal for both Waverly and London Fog in the United States and Canada.
- Mainstream is the new North American licensee for everyday home brand Cannon in the kitchen textiles, table linens and bath towels categories.
- Luxury home brand Charisma is joining forces with Soft-Tex International as its new North American licensee for Charisma-branded performance memory foam bedding including pillows, toppers, mattresses and bedding accessories.
- In another brand extension for Charisma, as a new licensee for the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, Pink N Blue will take the brand into the baby category for the first time with layette, throws, hooded towels, bedding sets, gift sets, bibs and more.
- Internationally, Bycop SAL, a leading manufacturer, importer, exporter and distributor in the home textile industry in the Middle East and Gulf Cooperation Council, and Iconix recently renewed their longstanding licensing agreement for an additional ten years through 2039. The deal includes Cannon, Charisma,Fieldcrest and Royal Velvet.
Additionally, Iconix is leveraging some of its fashion brands by bringing them into the home space for the first time through several recent licensing deals. Developments include:
- Mudd, the juniors’ denim brand with a free-spirited aesthetic, and Mossimo, the California fashion brand known for casual, cool style, will expand into bedding, bath and utility products through a new licensing partnership with
- A new licensing deal with JS Royal will bring Ocean Pacific and Candie’s, the fun and flirty women’s fashion brand, into bedding, window, shower curtains and decorative pillows.
- Cathay Home is a new licensee for Joe Boxer, the fun and irreverent lifestyle brand for the whole family, in the home category with a focus on novelty items including body pillows as well as basics including sheets, comforter sets, throws and pillows.
- Pem America has signed on as the home licensee for Material Girl, the juniors’ fashion brand started by Madonna and her daughter, with a focus on tween fashion bedding and bath products. Pem America is building on its existing business relationship with Iconix, which includes licensing partnerships for the Charisma, Cannon and London Fog brands.
“Fieldcrest has a strong heritage and high brand recognition in the home industry,” said Christopher Grassi, President and CEO of Keeco. “We look forward to capitalizing on our expertise in home textiles to bring Fieldcrest to even more consumers through our new partnership with Iconix.”
“We are excited to grow our relationship with Iconix and work with them on the Royal Velvet, Waverly and Ocean Pacific brands,” said Julie McKenzie, CEO, Himatsingka America.
“As we evolve our business model and expand into working with established brands, Iconix is an ideal partner,” said David Bennett, president and CEO of Mainstream International. “We see great potential in the home space for the impressive brands in the Iconix portfolio.”