About the Brand
Danskin was founded in 1882 in New York City by brothers Joel and Benson Goodman to manufacture goods specifically for dancers’ needs, and has since been one of the world’s leading manufacturers of dance and activewear for girls and women.
They introduced the first knit tights and leotards, and pioneered the production of such dance standards as fishnet stockings.
Throughout the late 19th century and the first half of the 20th century, Danskin dominated the market for dancewear in the United States, and expanded their influence by introducing Danskin for gymnasts and figure skaters. In the 1950’s, they created the first nylon body wear for the general population.
Danskin is now one of the most trusted brands for women’s fitness apparel from running to yoga and dance
Women, ages 18-40+
Girls, ages 6-16
- US distribution includes Lord & Taylor, Costco, and Danskin Now exclusively at Walmart
- Internationally distributed in Canada, Mexico, Europe & South Korea
- Women’s product categories include activewear, dancewear, athleisure & fitness accessories
- Girls product categories include dance & gymnastics wear & dance shoes
- Ranked #41 in WWD’s top 100 brands of 2012
For updates & more information on Danskin Now, please visit us at www.danskinnow.com.
For updates & more information on Danskin, please visit us at www.danskin.com.